Summer Internships at Imagine Science FilmsImagine Science Films is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in existence since 2008 committed to promoting a high-level dialogue between scientists and filmmakers. From curating film festivals around the world, creating science films and hosting educational science-film workshops, Imagine Science Films aims to bridge the gap between art and science. This summer, Imagine Science Films will be hosting a satellite festival in Paris and preparing for the 8th annual Imagine Science Film Festival in New York! In addition, ISF will continue with year-round activities including Spotlight films, Artist in Residence Program, and microscopy-film workshops. We are seeking motivated and responsible undergraduate students and recent graduates looking to gain experience working with a nonprofit, break into the film industry, or continue to articulate their passion for art-science. Candidates should have a strong work ethic and willingness to learn and an interest in Imagine Science Films’ mission. Prospective interns should be comfortable working independently, but also working with a team and a supervisor. As a creative non-profit, Imagine Science Films supports the individual interests of our interns. It’s an exciting atmosphere to grow, gain hands on skills and obverse the inner workings of a creative non-profit.
- Interns must be available at least 3-5 days/week 10am-6pm. Start date June 15th through August 15th.
- Interns must be interested in science and/or film and willing to learn, propose projects and be self-motivated
CompensationThis is an unpaid internship, but great performance will yield a great recommendation. We encourage you to use this internship to gain course credit and to seek out "work-study" grants with your college, if that is an option.
How To ApplySummer Deadline: Accepting applications now through April 15, 2015. Selected candidates will be requested to interview and will be notified before May 15, 2015. Applicants should submit resume and cover letter to Interns@imaginesciencefilms.org. Please specify title of internship position in subject heading. Selected candidates will be notified and requested to interview.
- Produce, film and edit two Spotlight films/month on various science and art topics to be hosted on the Imagine Science Films YouTube Channel
- Assist in filming and editing additional film projects
- Film and editing experience required
- Research filmmakers and films worldwide
- Organize film archive
- Update festival and film content to website
- Communicate with selected filmmakers regarding festival logistics, media transfer, panel opportunities and film awards
- Passion for science films and familiarity with WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite
- Source science and film related articles, images and videos to post across our social media platforms
- Help monitor general inquiries
- Write press releases and communicate with the press
- Write original content for our website
- Must be familiar with WordPress, Google Plus, Twitter, Facebook and Adobe Creative Suite
- Must provide one writing sample
Imagine Science Films offers short term volunteer opportunities for all ages year round! Have the chance to enjoy free screenings, panels and workshops while contributing to bridging the gap between art and science. Volunteer opportunities include the annual Imagine Science Film Festival in New York City, satellite festivals around the world, & monthly events and workshops. To inquire about upcoming volunteer opportunities, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Current volunteer opportunities:
7th annual Imagine Science Film Festival, October 17 – 24
Opening at Google NY, the 7th annual Imagine Science Film Festival will focus on the theme of TIME. Film programs, panels and workshops will discuss all aspects of TIME from aging to evolution to time lapse microscopy. Volunteer responsibilities include passing out programs, assisting with set-up, greeting guests, and assisting with guest registration. Programs are in the evening beginning at 5:30pm. Over the weekend, Saturday October 18th and Sunday October 19th, programs will run all day. Two program commitment or more required. Please email Volunteer Coordinator, Colin Stringer, with your availability at email@example.com. Please include “ISFF 2014″ in the subject line and please specify your preferred volunteer dates during the festival. Festival schedule available here.